Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL), is the leading non-governmental organization working exclusively on corruption and governance-related issues in Sri Lanka. Since 2001, TISL has engaged in observing and monitoring national and local level elections with a special focus on preventing the misuse of public property from election campaigns and propaganda, with an aim of preserving the integrity of the electoral process. TISL’s Program for the Protection of Public Resources (PPPR) closely monitored the 2010 Presidential and Parliamentary Elections, the 2013 Provincial Council Election held in the North, North Central and Central Provinces, the 2015 Presidential and Parliamentary Elections, the 2018 Local Government Election and the 2019 Presidential Election.
TISL intends to introduce Ushahidi to Sri Lanka to track and monitor misuse of public property during the 2020 General Elections. Ushahidi is a web-based platform that uses crowdsourcing for social activism and public accountability. Ushahidi also offers the ability to map incidents through geospatial information and therefore allows a temporal and geospatial archive of events.
The Research and Data Analyst will be a core member of the protection of public resources team and will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
• Managing users and user roles
• Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
• Interpreting data gathered on misuse of public property, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
• Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in data sets and presenting the findings in a simple and user-friendly manner
• Maintaining the data platform and proposing improvements
• Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
• Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
• Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
The Candidate Should Ideally Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, systems or similar discipline
• Knowledge of data analysis tools and relevant prior experience
• Prior experience in Salesforce Software an asset
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Ability to manipulate different data, from various sources, and convert it to meaningful information useful for decision making and advocacy
• Attention to detail and delivering accurate, high quality work
• Verbal and written fluency in English
• Fluency in at least one local language. Fluency in both Sinhala and Tamil is an added advantage.
The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Initially a one year fixed term contract will be offered.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to email@example.com. The title of the position should be mentioned as the subject.
Application Deadline: 01st July 2020