Join the leading non profit organization advocating for transparency, accountability and anti-corruption in Sri Lanka and be a part of a dynamic and innovative civil society movement.
About TISL -Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also works on a spectrum of governance matters, ranging from implementing Open Government initiatives to being an election monitor.
TISL is seeking suitable candidate to join as Accounts Assistant. The candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of one year and will be based in Colombo with frequent travel to all parts of Sri Lanka.
A. Attend to Financial Management and Accounting Transactions:
i. Issuing invoices to clients and donors
ii. Maintaining QuickBooks accounting system on a daily basis
iii. Processing Journal vouchers, entering daily expense & cashbook entries to the accounting system.
iv. Ensure the integrity of the accounting process through adherence to legal, statutory and best accounting standards
v. Maintaining an orderly filing system of all accounting related documents for relevant transactions under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor.
B. Prepare the Payments and Maintaining the Accounting System:
i. Preparing for payments by raising vouchers, drawing cheques and dispatching payments for all work
ii. Transparent disbursement of resources in accordance with financial guidelines
iii. Updating the accounting system by posting vouchers to the system and monthly reconciliation of the control accounts
C. Cash Management
i. Maintenance of Petty Cash float, entering of expense vouchers into the system
ii. Maintenance of Bank accounts and entering of all receipt & payments to the system
Accounts Assistant will work in close coordination with the Finance Manager and the Finance Officer.
The Ideal Candidate should have
• At least a part qualification in Chartered Accountancy/ CIMA, or hold an equivalent qualification in finance and Accounts.
• 2-3 years’ work experience with accounting systems & financial management, ability to finalize accounts on a monthly basis and generate other financial reports,
• Fluent in English and Sinhala or Tamil.
• Computer literate, experience using QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
• The candidate should be able to work independently, take responsibility for the relevant activities.
• Ability and willingness to travel to the field across.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 26th February 2020
Commencement of Duties – Immediate
Program Manager, Research and Policy
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also engages in a range of governance related activities which includes the promotion of right to information (RTI), election monitoring and supporting the Open Government Partnership.
As an evidence-based advocacy organization TISL engages in research focusing on anti-corruption and governance leading to legal and policy reform. At present this includes advocating for the full implementation of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC).
TISL is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual for the position of Program Manager, Research and Policy to drive and oversee the legal research undertaken by TISL leading to policy and legislative reform. This position is based in Colombo with travel to relevant districts when required.
Scope of Work
• Identify, initiate and oversee anti-corruption focused research initiatives to support TISL’s Strategic Plan.
• Produce analytical reports on anti-corruption related issues including position papers, legislative briefs, leaflets and online content.
• Initiate dialog with policy makers and other related stakeholders on policy and legislative reform.
• Update and maintain various research based online trackers.
• Maintain a strong network with all relevant stakeholders.
• Be the main repository of anti-corruption legislative knowledge within TISL.
• Design and implement evidence-based awareness campaigns.
The ideal candidate should have
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Law, or related field from a recognized university.
• At least 3 years of experience in the civil society sector including experience in program management and budget utilization.
• Sound understanding of anti-corruption and governance landscape in Sri Lanka
• Fluency in at least one local language and English. Fluency in both Sinhala and Tamil is an added advantage.
• Ability to produce reports and analyze data.
• Experience in advocating for legal reforms and networking with policy makers
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position mentioned in the subject.
Application Deadline: 09th February 2020