Program Officer – Private Sector
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. As a local organisation working towards combating corruption, TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, public sector, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) advocates for transparency and accountability measures, striving towards an open, inclusive and equitable government and society that are committed to driving out corruption.
TISL is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to support the organizational objective of reducing private sector corruption. The program officer will be reporting to the Program Manager – Private Sector and will be responsible to support and implement the private sector program initiatives and to support the project implementation pertaining to the sector.
Scope of Work
• Support the implementation of all activities and the achievement of results envisaged under the private sector pillar of TISL’s Strategic Plan.
• Support to build and maintain strong relationships and liaise with private sector stakeholders including large conglomerates and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders for the implementation of activities.
• Organize and conduct workshops, events, programs and outreach activities that fall within the program pillar, according to the program implementation plan.
• Support in developing and implementing advocacy and communications campaigns.
• Assist the development and publishing of information, communication and education materials pertaining to the Private sector.
• Escalate information or issues as necessary to take relevant action in a timely manner.
• Ensure program results, impact and learning are captured effectively and shared.Provide relevant and timely information for periodic reporting.Draft training and other program related materials.
• Support program development and fundraising initiatives of the organization through desk research.Conduct qualitative research to ensure effective program implementation.
• Maintain systematic and up to date records, adhering to security protocols.
• Support the effective and efficient implementation of assigned projects.
• Engage in other organisational activities when called upon to do so.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Partly qualified or undergraduate degree in a relevant field including social sciences, law or governance.
• 2 years of relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of the anti-corruption and governance sector in Sri Lanka.
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders.
• Good communication skills.
• Diplomacy and tactful negotiation skills.
• Fluent in English as well as Sinhala and/or Tamil.
• Excellent skills in MS office.
• Professionalism in what we do.
• Transparency & Accountability.
• Respect for each other.
• Strive for Democracy.
• Lifestyle of Integrity.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com referencing “Program Officer – Private Sector” in the subject line.
Closing date – 29.10.2021
Commencement of Duties – Immediate
Program Officer – Communication (Sinhala)
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Communicating to external stakeholders on the negative impact of corruption and programs conducted by TISL is key to creating awareness and reducing the occurrence of corruption. For this purpose, TISL has initiated creation of a Communications Team that will be responsible towards formulating messages and communicating to diverse stakeholders to achieve the vision and mission of TISL.
TISL is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual for the position of Program Officer – Communication to work as a part of the Communications Team.
Scope of work
• Assist in developing content for press releases, advertisements, articles, web posts and other communication tools.
• Maintain all social media platforms and website with new content with regular updates
• Implementation of communications activities with TISL’s Communication and Social Media Manager
• Organize media outreach, press briefings, interviews etc.
• Maintain the documentation of TISL-related media articles, photographs, numbers related media reach (social media included), video etc.
• Report periodically to Management with evidence on progress made and activities conducted.
• Ensure all communication material is available in Sinhala and/or English.
• Draft progress reports and make presentations when required.
• Support to ensure all communication needs of TISL program teams are met.
• Support to ensure TISL’s work, values and causes receive optimal visibility.
• Carry out organization-wide translations.
A suitable candidate would ideally have:
• Partly qualified in Bachelor’s degree in any discipline related social sciences with specialization in communications, media relations or similar subject matter.
• At least 2 years of experience communications in either the public, private or civil society sector.
• Excellent command of the Sinhala language.
• Be bilingual (fluent in English & Sinhala). Fluency in both Sinhala & Tamil would be an advantage.
• Must be computer literate
• Experience in translation
• Have networking experience with media agencies.
• Adequate understanding of the anti-corruption and governance discourse in Sri Lanka.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position mentioned in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 29th October 2021