Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL), the National chapter of the leading global movement against corruption, is seeking the services of an energetic, hardworking, and innovative young individual to join its team as an Intern attached to the Research and Policy Team. The candidate will be based in Colombo.
The Research and Policy Team conducts legal analysis on anti-corruption frameworks including public procurement, proceeds of crime and victims and witnesses protection, and independent assessments of corruption around the country. At the national level, we produce comparative data analysis measuring the prevalence of corruption in different sectors. We use our research findings to inform our advocacy work.
The Research and Policy Team also developed Sri Lanka’s first online database on politically exposed persons which informs the public about persons who are in positions that can potentially be abused for the purpose of committing corruption, bribery, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct desk research on domestic and international legal frameworks on anti-corruption.
• Gather data to update and maintain TISL Pledge Tracker.
• Provide support with entering data into the Politically Exposed Persons Database.
• Assist in developing content for media campaigns and coordinating with the comms team.
• Assist in public procurement related research
• Coordinate logistical arrangements for training and awareness building sessions, liaising with stakeholders including government stakeholders.
• Assist with translating documents.
You should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and be IT literate. Fluency in English and one local language (Sinhala/Tamil) is essential. Fluency in both local languages is an asset.
Undergraduates/ recent graduates in International Relations, Social Sciences, Law or Humanities and Development are encouraged to apply.
TISL internships are not salaried. However, the interns will be provided with a reasonable travelling allowance to cover their travelling expenses.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and indicate the position as “Intern – Research and Policy”.
Commencement of Duties – Immediate. Recruited for three months, subjected to renewal.