Terms of Reference
CALLING FOR PROPOSALS TO DEVELOP A WEBSITE TO REPORT BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is the local chapter of the global movement against corruption, committed to promoting good governance and eradicating corruption in Sri Lanka. TISL’s mission is to support the collective effort to eradicate corruption in order to build a future Sri Lanka which is equitable, peaceful, and just.
TISL is seeking the services of an individual or an organization to design and develop a website named Apesalli.lk as an online platform through which the public can report incidents of bribery and corruption which also provides users with a geographic visualisation of such incidents while providing a technological solution to allow for crowdsourcing the tracking of bribery and corruption, thereby creating a space for the public to become active citizens in holding authorities accountable.
The selected service provider should develop a website that meets the following requirements:
• Provide a platform to report instances and share real life stories of bribery and corruption. In order to accommodate this the website should include options to submit a complaint, upload related images/videos/documents in any form and also to analyse and produce reports based on the data fed into the website.
• Be built to accommodate Sinhala, Tamil, and English.
• Allow for narrative descriptions and updates, as well as interactive content (videos, infographics etc.).
• Option to geo-tag the incident on a map of Sri Lanka
• Be innovative and creative using up-to-date technology.
• Be accessible from laptops, mobile phones, tablet devices, and PCs.
• Be designed with the WordPress CMS and WordPress compatible Premium Plugins.
• Easy Back-end Access for editors/users.
The Proposal should include:
• Description of the website design and how it complies with the above requirements.
• Sample (rough) layouts and designs for the website.
• Examples of past experience in developing similar websites (include links).
• Breakdown of the proposed budget and timeline.
• Profiles of the team members/company
Budget and Duration:
• The indicative budget for the website would be Rs. 900,000/- including taxes and the service provider is expected to develop the website within one and half months from the time of signing the contract. The cost should include maintenance and minor adaptations for a period of one year
Interested parties should send a proposal to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Development of Apesalli.lk’ by 07th February 2021.
Please email email@example.com for any clarifications or inquiries.
TERMS OF REFERENCE – VIDEO ON MISUSE OF PUBLIC PROPERTY
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is the local chapter of the global movement against corruption, committed to promoting good governance and eradicating corruption in Sri Lanka. TISL’s mission is to support the collective effort to eradicate corruption in order to build a future Sri Lanka which is equitable, peaceful and just.
Corruption in the form of misuse of public property has long been a major issue in Sri Lanka. However, public awareness of the laws relating to the misuse of public property remains minimal. This lack of awareness among the public including the youth, discourages meaningful engagement by citizens on monitoring and preventing such misuse. To address this need TISL is conducting a media campaign based on the complaints received regarding misuse of public property during the Parliamentary Elections of 2020 through the Ape Salli website (https://apesalli.ushahidi.io/views/map).
TISL is seeking the services of a production house to develop two 3 minute-long videos in the Sinhala and Tamil languages (with English subtitles). The videos will provide information on misuse of public property in the country.
The videos will include the following information –
1. What is corruption? (that the misuse of public property is a form of corruption)
2. Definition and how the misuse of public property can happen (video can include examples of misuse of public property during election and beyond)
3. How misuse of public property affects the integrity of the public service
4. Cost of misuse of public property – How it affects the economy and people
5. Actions that can be taken to reduce/eliminate the misuse of public property
Quotations should include:
• A relatable, creative, inspirational concept targeted at the public.
• Proposed call to action to stop misuse of public property. (This would be further developed with TISL’s input once the supplier is finalized)
• Samples of similar past campaigns
• Proposed cost within the stipulated budget for the crew.
• Ability to complete the activity within one month.
Deliverables: Two 3-minute videos (Sinhala & Tamil languages w/ English subtitles).
The indicative budget for this activity is Rs. 400,000-450,000.
The contract will be awarded on a VFM basis.
TISL will provide the required expertise wherever required or requested.
Proposals on the specifications, along with a detailed budget should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd January, 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch their concept to TISL.