Terms of Reference – Senior Manager Fundraising
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also works on a range of governance issues, most recently on work on implementation of the landmark Right to Information Act. TI has an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, and more than 90 Chapters worldwide.
The objective of the role is to secure resources for Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL). The Senior Manager fundraising will develop proposals and a fundraising strategy and plan.
Scope of work
Fundraising and donor liaison
• Focus on each of TISL’s key result areas to develop a two (2) year funding needs assessment, which will optimize TISL’s Governance & Anti-Corruption efforts in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
• Develop high quality concept papers/proposals and other relevant documents as per funding requirements
• Ensure that proposals are submitted in a timely manner and requests for funding are followed up as required
• Review TISL grant proposals that have been developed over the last two years and garner lessons learnt to develop a fundraising strategy with priorities, targets, and responsibilities over the next three years
• Research and identify potential partners and maintain an up to date partner database – including summaries of the range of donors potentially interested in funding TISL work (donor mapping)
• Identify funding opportunities (corporate houses, trusts, foundations, funding agencies and individuals) internationally and locally, and engage with / provide recommendations for next steps in approaching these sources of funding
• Map out organizations, government agencies and private sector clients that could benefit from TISL’s services and expertise
• Maintain a pipeline of upcoming proposal deadlines
• Attend partner meetings and consultations
• Develop donor engagement strategies, working closely with the program team and with input from TISL offices in Vavuniya and Matara
• Liaise with donor representatives and coordinate donor visits to program sites
• Lead the kick-off, quarterly review and close-out meetings of projects jointly with the Senior Manager Programs and ensure that meetings are held in a regular and timely manner to monitor project implementation and spend, support operation/program integration, troubleshoot challenges, ensure donor compliance, and identify and apply lessons learned
• Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues affecting external/ internal compliance
• Ensure quality information management related to grants and manage all donor reporting, ensuring reports are submitted on time and in line with donor requirements
• Lead application process and ensure compliance regarding (no-)cost extensions, amendments, top ups, reallocations
• Liaise with donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues
Communication and Visibility
• Provide support to the Advocacy Consultant and IT Manager to further develop a comprehensive media, advocacy and communications strategy, ensuring smooth flow of information, good relations with high profile visitors and donors, and high-quality reporting to showcase TISL’s activities and impact
• Oversee development of TISL’s Annual Report
• Ensure regular communication with key stakeholders and donors through newsletters, sharing of press releases and other programmatic information materials
• Proposals and concept notes on an on-going basis, in accordance with the Key Results Areas in the TISL Strategic Plan
Supervision and Reporting
• The Senior Manager Fundraising will report to the Executive Director and provide regular updates of progress to the management to ensure organisation-wide synchronization
A suitable candidate would ideally have;
• A graduate degree in a relevant field including international development, public sector, social sciences, political science
• Good understanding of bilateral and multi-lateral donors, international and national funds and foundations in relation to Governance, social policy and oversight institutions
• Three (3) years work experience in fundraising
• Familiarity with project monitoring, evaluation and learning in the context policy reform
• Ability to research, analyze synthesize and present information
• Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and contexts
• Good understanding of Governance in Sri Lanka, the impact of corruption and innovative tools to aid systemic change
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills – Sinhala / Tamil an asset
The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Initially a one year fixed term contract will be offered.
Application should be sent to [email protected] by 20th November 2019.
“Senior Manager Fundraising – Vacancy” should be mentioned as the subject of your email.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MEL Officer)
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also engages in a range of governance related activities which includes the promotion of right to information (RTI), election monitoring and supporting the Open Government Partnership.
Capturing impact, best practices, lessons learnt and documenting the achievement of results and objectives is crucial to ensuring an organization is working towards it mission and vision. TISL is seeking an individual with competency in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks to oversee all matters related to MEL within the organization.. The MEL Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the MEL system and in ensuring that TISL operates as a learning organization prioritizing the achievement of its goals and objectives.
The candidate will be offered a 12 month fixed term contact and will be based in Colombo with frequent travel to all parts of Sri Lanka.
The areas of responsibility being as follows;
• Operationalize a MEL system based on TISL’s Strategic Plan.
• Develop and use appropriate information collecting tools for baselines, capturing results and impact assessments.
• Provide training and support to colleagues to implement the MEL system.
• Conduct regular visits to the field and other locations for MEL purposes.
• Compile success stories, best practices and lessons learnt for all programmatic areas.
• Assist in developing monitoring mechanisms and log frame analysis for project proposals.
• Track the achievement of results and outcomes as per the log frame analysis and TISL’s MEL framework.
• Monitoring successful completion of project milestones and ensuring donor requirements are met.
• Generate donor reports with the support and cooperation of assigned officers.
• Organize periodic program reviews and end of the project evaluations with the participation of an external evaluators as required.
• Revise log frame and develop indicators and milestones based on project activities as required.
• Conduct interviews and field visits with beneficiaries, target groups and other stakeholders to track project impact.
• Developing periodic reports to be submitted to the management for review.
• Preparation of TISL’s annual report.
• Maintaining photographic and video documentation of program activities.
• Ensuring program activities are complimentary to Goal 16 of Sustainable Development Goals.
The Candidate Should Ideally Have;
• An undergraduate degree in social sciences, law, human rights, development studies or any other relevant field.
• At least 2 years of experience in engaging in work related monitoring and evaluation and results based reporting in a non-profit organization or business environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the theories and concepts of governance and anti-corruption. Exposure to work related to governance will be an added advantage.
• Ability to compile project reports, possess good presentation and communication skills and good at multi-tasking is mandatory.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Fluency in one of the local languages (Sinhala / Tamil)
• Must be computer literate
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Excellent management skills and be a team player
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to [email protected]. The name of the position should be mentioned as the subject.