Vacancies at Transparency International Sri Lanka
Join the leading non-governmental organization advocating for transparency, accountability and anti-corruption in Sri Lanka and be a part of a dynamic and innovative civil society movement.
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also works on a range of governance issues, most recently on critiquing and refining the landmark Right to Information Act.
PROGRAM OFFICER – MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL)
The MEL Officer will oversee all matters related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (project wise and institution wise) of TISL and will be responsible towards developing and implementing TISL’s MEL strategies. Ideal candidate should have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, or related field from a recognized university
• At least 5 years of experience in engaging in work related monitoring and evaluation and results based reporting in a non-profit organization or business environment.
• Ability to compile project reports, possess good presentation and communication skills and good at multi-tasking is mandatory
• Comprehensive knowledge of the theories and concepts of governance and anticorruption. Exposure to work related to governance will be an added advantage.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Fluency in one of the local languages (Sinhala / Tamil)
• Must be computer literate
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Excellent management skills and be a team player
Scope of work:
• Develop and operationalize a MEL system based on TISL’s Strategic Plan.
• Develop and use appropriate information collecting tools for baselines, capturing results and impact assessments.
• Provide training and support to colleagues to implement the MEL system.
• Conduct regular visits to the field and other locations for MEL purposes.
• Compile success stories, best practices and lessons learnt for all programmatic areas.
• Assist in developing monitoring mechanisms and log frame analysis for project proposals.
• Track the achievement of results and outcomes as per the log frame analysis and TISL’s MEL framework.
• Monitoring successful completion of project milestones and ensuring donor requirements are met.
• Generate donor reports with the support and cooperation of assigned officers.
• Organize periodic program reviews and end of the project evaluations with the participation of an external evaluators as required.
• Revise log frame and develop indicators and milestones based on project activities as required.
• Conduct interviews and field visits with beneficiaries, target groups and other stakeholders to track project impact.
• Developing periodic reports to be submitted to the management for review.
• Preparation of TISL’s annual report.
• Maintaining photographic and video documentation of program activities.
An attractive remuneration package including benefits will be offered to the selected candidate. Initially a one year full fixed term contract will be offered.
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th December 2017.
The title of the position you are applying for should be mentioned as the subject