Program Officer – Integrity Idol
Join the leading non-governmental organization advocating for transparency, accountability and anti-corruption in Sri Lanka and be a part of a dynamic and innovative civil society movement.
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. Our program areas include the Right to Information, Open Government Partnership, election monitoring, providing legal advice and advocating for stronger implementation of anti-corruption laws.
The Integrity Idol is an initiative created by Accountability Lab to “name and fame” honest government officials. It was launched in Sri Lanka in 2018 where 5 public officials were recognized as Integrity Idols after receiving over 200 nominations (see www.integrityidol.lk) . Integrity Idol has to date taken place in Nepal, Liberia, Pakistan and Mali, among others, and has successfully reached millions of citizens and facilitated thousands of conversations around the issue of integrity. Through a nomination and a rigorous selection process TISL will identify exceptional Public Officials with demonstrated standards of integrity and share their profiles with the public for public voting in order to identify the Integrity Idol for 2019.
TISL is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to drive this campaign as a Program Officer committed to public sector integrity.
Scope of work
To drive the Integrity Idol program which includes calling for nominations, coordinating with the panel of judges, mobilizing volunteers, creating publicity, securing sponsorships, developing video on shortlisted nominees and organizing the award ceremony.
The ideal candidate should have
* Excellent communication and public relation skills. The ability to develop infographics and other publicity material would be an added advantage.
* Experience liaising with civil society and government stakeholders from diverse sectors.
* Experience in mobilizing and engaging volunteers.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, or related field from a recognized University.
* At least two years of experience in the civil society sector.
* Excellent coordinating skills including experience in event coordination, coordinating between internal and external parties and media management.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and either Sinhala or Tamil required.
* Ability to travel around the country required.
* Experience in either the civil society sector or the public sector would be an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package including benefits will be offered to the selected candidate. The candidate will be offered a contract till the end of 2019.
Applications should be send to [email protected] with “Program Officer Integrity Idol” as the subject line by 20th March 2019.
Senior Manager – Advocacy
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also works on a range of governance areas, such as the ongoing implementation of the landmark Right to Information Act. TI has an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, and more than 90 Chapters worldwide.
Job Description: TISL is seeking a suitable candidate to oversee all matters relating to advocacy within the programs and mandate of Transparency International Sri Lanka. This will include taking a lead role in executing activities related to communications, networking and outreach. The successful candidate will be based in Colombo with travel to the districts as and when required.
The Senior Manager – Advocacy will be responsible for designing and implementing advocacy strategies to promote values of anti-corruption, transparency and accountability among the public and private sector and the citizenry. He/She will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for giving advocacy input to all programs.
Main areas of responsibility being as follows;
• Takes the lead in strategizing, planning, development and implementation of national level advocacy campaigns; works with various partners – state counterparts, civil society organizations, the private sector, and affected communities to implement the campaign.
• Develops strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of promotional objectives; serves as a spokesperson/principal communications and advocacy liaison to media organizations, governmental bodies, national groups, private sector organizations, educational organizations, international organizations, etc.
• Takes the lead in organizing media outreach; arranges all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials as needed for staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
• Coordinates and directs public information to staff.
• Takes the lead in developing and implementing social media strategies.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of values and principles of governance.
• Demonstrable strategic commitment and sound judgment;
• Committed to Self-development, initiative-taking;
• Coordinate as a team player with a focus on facilitating work;
• Encourage open communication in the team;
• Assist TISL with other functions assigned by the Executive Director.
• Undertake field visits relating to the activities of the project or any other function assigned by the Executive Director.
A suitable candidate would ideally have;
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant field including, communication, journalism, social sciences, law or human rights.
• At least 4-6 years of relevant working experience in advocacy, public relations, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area, experience within a similar role in a civil society organization or business environment an asset.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Fluency in one of the local languages (Sinhala / Tamil)
• Local or international experience in advocacy management.
• Ability to compile project materials and make presentations.
• Strong public sector network;
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical, training, communication, and team-building skills
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Excellent leadership and management skills and be a team player
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected]
Application Closing Date – 10th March 2019
Commencement of Duties – Immediate
The remuneration package, including benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The initial post is expected to be on a full-time contract basis for one year.