Consultant – Conduct Cross Comparison Study on Procurement Practices of Local Government Authorities in Sri Lanka
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also engages in a range of governance related activities which includes the promotion of right to information (RTI), election monitoring and supporting the Open Government Partnership.
In an attempt to increase accountability and transparency in procurement processes, TISL has begun gathering data on the procurement practices employed by 25 Local Government Authorities in the country using the Right to Information (RTI). The data provides valuable information on prevailing practices and trends pertaining to procurement of selected goods and services.
TISL is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual with critical thinking to compile a report by analyzing data gathered on procurement in LGAs using RTI. The report needs to be completed within two months.
Scope of work
• Documenting the information received in a database.
• Mapping anomalies in public procurement in LGAs
• Mapping corruption risks in public procurement in LGAs
• Analyzing and cross comparison of information received from the LGAs
• Compiling a report including above information.
A suitable candidate would ideally have:
• Ability to analyze data gathered in Sinhala and Tamil
• Demonstratable quantitative and qualitative research experience
• Ability to write high quality reports in English
• Knowledge on procurement processes in Sri Lanka is an added advantage
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV with two non- related Referees to [email protected]. Kindly mention the position in the subject line. The cover letter must include the proposed budget (the range of cost must be between LKR 300,000 – 350,000).
Application Deadline: 26th August 2019.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MEL Officer)
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. TISL also engages in a range of governance related activities which includes the promotion of right to information (RTI), election monitoring and supporting the Open Government Partnership.
Capturing impact, best practices, lessons learnt and documenting the achievement of results and objectives is crucial to ensuring an organization is working towards it mission and vision. TISL is seeking an individual with competency in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks to oversee all matters related to MEL within the organization.. The MEL Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the MEL system and in ensuring that TISL operates as a learning organization prioritizing the achievement of its goals and objectives.
The candidate will be offered a 12 month fixed term contact and will be based in Colombo with frequent travel to all parts of Sri Lanka.
The areas of responsibility being as follows;
• Operationalize a MEL system based on TISL’s Strategic Plan.
• Develop and use appropriate information collecting tools for baselines, capturing results and impact assessments.
• Provide training and support to colleagues to implement the MEL system.
• Conduct regular visits to the field and other locations for MEL purposes.
• Compile success stories, best practices and lessons learnt for all programmatic areas.
• Assist in developing monitoring mechanisms and log frame analysis for project proposals.
• Track the achievement of results and outcomes as per the log frame analysis and TISL’s MEL framework.
• Monitoring successful completion of project milestones and ensuring donor requirements are met.
• Generate donor reports with the support and cooperation of assigned officers.
• Organize periodic program reviews and end of the project evaluations with the participation of an external evaluators as required.
• Revise log frame and develop indicators and milestones based on project activities as required.
• Conduct interviews and field visits with beneficiaries, target groups and other stakeholders to track project impact.
• Developing periodic reports to be submitted to the management for review.
• Preparation of TISL’s annual report.
• Maintaining photographic and video documentation of program activities.
• Ensuring program activities are complimentary to Goal 16 of Sustainable Development Goals.
The Candidate Should Ideally Have;
• An undergraduate degree in social sciences, law, human rights, development studies or any other relevant field.
• At least 2 years of experience in engaging in work related monitoring and evaluation and results based reporting in a non-profit organization or business environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the theories and concepts of governance and anti-corruption. Exposure to work related to governance will be an added advantage.
• Ability to compile project reports, possess good presentation and communication skills and good at multi-tasking is mandatory.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Fluency in one of the local languages (Sinhala / Tamil)
• Must be computer literate
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Excellent management skills and be a team player
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to [email protected]. The name of the position should be mentioned as the subject.
Application Deadline: 10th July 2019