Project Officer, Open Government Partnership
About Us: Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TI has an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, and more than 90 Chapters worldwide.
TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society in Sri Lanka to develop and implement effective anti-corruption measures. TISL also works on a range of governance issues, most recently in contributing to the development of the landmark Right to Information (RTI) Act.
On 28th October 2015 Sri Lanka became the 68th member country of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) initiative (https://www.opengovpartnership.org/). The OGP requires that member countries develop National Action Plans (NAPs) through dialogue and the active engagement of government and civil society. TISL played a lead role in convening a coalition of civil society organizations for the development of Sri Lanka’s first National Action Plan which is being implemented at the moment. Whilst TISL will continue work on monitoring the progress of the first National Action Plan, we will also initiate the process of developing the second National Action Plan which is due 31st August 2018.
TISL is seeking a suitable candidate to join its OGP team as a Project Officer. The candidate will be offered a fixed term contact (6 months with a possibility of renewal) and will be based in Colombo with frequent travel to all parts of Sri Lanka.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Project Officer will be required to assist the Senior Manager Programs in the implementation of project activities which includes:
• Providing operational and coordination support for implementation of project activities as the OGP CSO Secretariat
• Track the progress of the first National Action Plan through civil society and government networks.
• Gather data to update and maintain the OGP online tracker.
• Provide secretarial assistance in preparation of documents, guidelines and follow up
• Liaise and coordinate with relevant civil society organization for the development of the 2nd National Action Plan.
• Support the promotion of open government principles within the civil society sector.
• Support organization of consultations and meetings, including logistic assistance such as travel arrangement, hotel booking etc.
• Organize and systematize documentation and reference materials, including preparing abstracts of reports and maintaining proper record of important files including project specific documentation and minutes of the project meetings
• Prepare project reports and maintain relevant supporting documents
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Manager Programs and the Executive Director.
• A Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Law, or related field from a recognized university
• Sound understanding of open governance and the Open Government Partnership
• At least 3 years of experience in project management and coordination
• Sound knowledge and experience in project financial management
• Ability to draft project reports and presentations
• Experience in supporting information technology-driven projects an advantage
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) and either Sinhala or Tamil required
• Ability to travel around the country required
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and an updated CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 13th May 2018.
Volunteer Task Force – Integrity Idol 2018
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is a National Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
In an effort to promote public sector accountability and integrity, TISL will be launching Integrity Idol this year. The Integrity Idol, initiated by Accountability Lab, is a creative public campaign run by citizens and civil society to “name and fame” honest government officials. Integrity Idol has to date taken place in Nepal, South Africa, Liberia, Pakistan and Mali, among others, and has successfully reached millions of citizens and facilitated thousands of conversations around the concept and practice of integrity. Through a nomination and rigorous selection process TISL will identify exceptional Public Officials with demonstrated standards of integrity and share their profiles with the citizenry for public voting in order to identify the Integrity Idol for 2018.
TISL is seeking the services of energetic, hardworking and innovative young individuals to join the Volunteer Task Force of Integrity Idol 2018. The Volunteers will play an integral role in the implementation of Integrity Idol 2018.
Duration – May 2018 to October 2018 (at least 3 days per week)
• Coordinating the launch event of Integrity Idol
• Providing information to potential nominees and maintaining a database of inquiries made
• Support in the design and implementation of awareness and outreach activities conducted to promote Integrity Idol including online and offline activities
• Fact check nominations and follow up with nominees / nominators prior to shortlisting (includes travel to relevant areas for background checks)
• Assist in organizing the Integrity Idol Award ceremony
• Any other tasks assigned by the management related to Integrity idol project
• Exposure to Integrity Idol at an international level
• Training and awareness on key concepts related to anti-corruption
• Opportunity to attend the Integrity Idol Summit
• Certificate issued by Transparency International Sri Lanka at the end of the program
• Opportunity to actively contribute to anti-corruption efforts in Sri Lanka
The ideal candidates should have:
• Excellent communication skills with proficiency in one of the local languages and English (proficiency in both Sinhala and Tamil is an advantage).
• Computer literate. Ability to use graphic and editing software is an advantage.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Previous experience in volunteering or internships
• Ability to offer their services throughout the duration of the program
All volunteers will receive a modest travel allowance.
Interested persons should submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th May 2018. Please mention “Integrity Idol volunteer” as the subject.