Internship – ALAC
The Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre (ALAC) of Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) is looking for energetic, hardworking and innovative individual to join the Colombo branch as an intern.
TISL is the local chapter of the global movement against corruption and The Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre (ALAC) engages in increasing public awareness against corruption and providing free legal services to victims and witnesses of corruption.
Functions of the interns include:
• Coordinate events organised by ALAC
• Enter data of clients and their case details to ALAC database.
• Provide necessary support to the campaigning and advocacy activities of ALAC
• Provide assistance and support to ALAC, as required by the Manager-ALAC
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications
• Undergraduates/ recent graduates in law/social sciences.
• Should possess outstanding public relation skills. – Individuals with a strong command of the local languages (Sinhala/Tamil) and English.
• Skills and experience related to event planning and coordination.
Candidates should be interested in gaining new experiences and open to working in a challenging environment. The shortlisted candidate will be gaining insight into national and global corruption related frameworks and successes, and experience in a wide range of engagements in fighting corruption.
TISL internships are not salaried. However, the interns will be provided with a reasonable travelling allowance to cover their travelling expenses
Applications should be sent by email to Manager ALAC, at Maheshi@tisrilanka.org
Application closing date – 17th October, 2017
Commencement of Duties – Immediate for three months (Monday – Friday)
Note: Please state the following in the subject line of the email – “ALAC Intern”
Right to Information Internships – 2 positions
Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL), the National chapter of the leading global movement against corruption, is seeking the services of an energetic, hardworking and innovative young individuals to join its team as Interns attached to the RTI Programmes.
The passing of the Right to Information (RTI) Act in August this year marks a significant step toward strengthening transparency and the fight against corruption in Sri Lanka. Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL) has been advocating for the adoption of right to information since the organization’s inception, and with the passage of the Act, will continue to push for best practices in terms of implementation of RTI in the coming months.
In order for the RTI to have a positive impact on governance practices in Sri Lanka, a multifaceted approach is required – including public awareness-raising, implementation-monitoring, capacity-building and advocacy on what RTI is, and how it can be used to the benefit of the individual and the public both at the national and local levels. To this end TISL has initiated several programmes across Sri Lanka.
As Intern – RTI Programmes, your responsibilities will include:
• Assist the organization’s RTI-related programmes
• Assist the organizing of RTI trainings
• Co-ordinate CSO/CBO coalitions on thematic issues in selected districts
• Desk research on RTI in Sri Lanka and comparative jurisdictions
• Design RTI related material
• Work with key RTI stakeholders in disseminating RTI knowledge.
• Assist content generation for www.RTIwatch.lk
• Any other tasks assigned by the management related to RTI or overall TISL’s interventions.
You should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, be IT literate, and fluent in English. Fluency in either Sinhala and/or Tamil an asset.
The ideal candidates should ideally possess the following qualifications:
• Undergraduates/ recent graduates in law, social sciences, management or human rights
• Should possess outstanding public relations skills. – Individuals with a strong command of the local languages (Sinhala & Tamil)
• Should possess a working knowledge of word processing packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
• Reasonable knowledge of research analysis.
• An additional financial qualification such as partial completion of AAT or CIMA would be an added advantage
The selected individuals will benefit from insight into the operationalizing of RTI across Sri Lanka, gaining experience in a wide range of engagements in combating corruption, and engaging with public authorities and citizens at the grassroot level.
Candidates should be interested in gaining new experiences and open to working in a challenging environment.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
Application closing date – 10th October, 2017.
Commencement of Duties – Immediate
Note: Please state the following in the subject line of the email – “RTI Intern”